Megan Forward is a twice CBCA (Children’s Book Council of Australia) – shortlisted illustrator and author with a Bachelor of Visual Arts and a Graduate Diploma in Teaching specialising in Visual Art and English.
As a young girl she dreamed one day of creating picture books and is thrilled to be combining this dream with a love of building community around the natural world and the desire to share this love with children, because you care for what you love.
Megan is facilitates hands-on interactive STEAM (Science, Technology, English, Art and Maths) workshops for young children using her picture books as stimulus. She is passionate about teaching sustainability to young children, engendering a love of nature through literature, and helping them make real world connections across curriculum subjects. Megan has extensive experience speaking to children and educators, touring to libraries, schools, kindergartens, environmental education organisations and community gardens.
- A Patch from Scratch (author/illustrator)Published by Penguin Random House Australia
- All I Want for Christmas is Rain illustrator (written by Cori Brooke) published by New Frontier
- Jacaranda Magic illustrator (written by Dannika Patterson) published by Ford St Publishing 2018.
- Emily Green’s Garden illustrator (written by Penny Harrison) published by New Frontier
- All I Want for Christmas is Rain Cori Brooke and Megan Forward, Shortlisted for the Children’s Book Council Awards (CBCA) 2017 Book of the Year Early Childhood
- A Patch from Scratch Megan Forward. Shortlisted for the Children’s Book Council Awards (CBCA) Crichton Award 2017
- Shorlisted for the Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards 2016
- CYA Conference 2013 Second Prize for Illustrated Picture Book
- CYA Conference 2012 First Prize for Illustration – Picture Book
- QUT 2002 Children’s and Young Adult Literature First Prize for Illustrated Picture Book
Megan runs regular workshops in schools, libraries, community organisations, pre-schools, and sustainability organisations.
workshop flyers: _